Monday 25 March 2013

CHVRCHES - Recover ep

Breaking from my usual Depeche Mode stuff, I thought I'd stick a quick post up about the new ep by Glasgow's CHVRCHES called Recover. I've been a fan of this band since hearing The Mother We Share and Lies late last year. What brought them to my attention was the fact that they're Scottish, are based in Glasgow and that they make wonderful electronic music. When my band was gigging ten or so years ago we were lone synthesiser voices in a wilderness of Oasis copyists - now Glasgow's electronic scene is really taking off headed by CHVRCHES with bands like the brilliant Nevada Base, Analog Angel and new boys Machines In Heaven all making waves too. It's great to see and I only wish we were less lazy and young enough to join in.
Anyway back to the point. If you have any interest in Electronic music at all the you've got to get the Recover ep. The lead track Recover is one of the best electronic pop songs you'll hear this year - simple as that. The music, the vocals, the lyrics. It really has it all. The ep also adds two new tracks Zvvl and Now Is Not The Time both of which are fantastic too and finishes up with a couple of remixes of Recover. It's only £1.99 on iTunes so for God's sake just get it

This review is fairly brief as I'm writing it having heard Recover for the first time about an hour ago. I felt I had to write this though I the immediate aftermath of hearing it as it frankly blew me away. To have that sort of impact on Delta Machine day is pretty impressive! Trust me try CHVRCHES - you won't regret it

No comments:

Post a Comment